MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
Have you been in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)?
Unsure about your next step? We can help!
Within 10 days of being in a motor vehicle accident:
1) Notify your auto insurance provider that you have been in an accident
It is important to get the following information from your insurer:
• Your accident claim number and
• The name of your claim adjustor
You will need this information to ensure your care is paid for by the insurer
2) Seek treatment from a primary health-care provider, like your chiropractor. You may begin treatment immediately and your insurance company will be billed directly. Ensure you let your chiropractor know:
• You were injured in a MVA
• If you have already sought out treatment from another health-care provider, such as a physiotherapist, acupuncturist, or massage therapist
After a motor vehicle accident, there are many important things to do - but most important of all is ensuring you are receiving the care you need.